Like Bonnie and Clyde, peanut butter and jelly – or this tour of China’s three most famous cities – there’s a reason some things become classics. All you need is a week to finally experience some of the world’s greatest bucketlist sights: and not in the way everyone else is experiencing them either. This is your chance to see Beijing’s Temple of Heaven by doing a morning tai chi class amidst its centuries-old cypresses, or walk alone on the Great Wall before the crowds arrive. You’ll see Xi’an’s Terracotta Army with a guide adept at bringing the dig’s incredible story to life, and eat Shanghai’s famous hongshao pork surrounded by locals in its pretty Former French Concession. An insightful insider’s take on China’s best of the best? Done. In an 8 incredible days.
Day 1Arrive at Beijing Capital Airport
Day 2Tai Chi in Temple of Heaven Signature Experience + Tiananmen Square, Forbidden City and gorgeous Jingshan Park
Day 3The Beijing Hutong Tour Signature Experience + Summer Palace
Day 4Hike the majestic Mutianyu Great Wall + see a Mao-era factory transformed at the 798 Art District
Day 5Transfer to Xian by train, relax, then head out to bike along the ancient City Walls or enjoy a tour of the colorful Muslim Quarter!
CNY 15,830/person (approx USD 2,350 based on 4 pax; 100% customizable to your budget)
8 Day Tour
Not included:International Flights, Meals
When to go:Anytime!
- *One of our all time most popular experiences: the chance to meet a cricket trainer in Beijing’s ancient hutongs.
- *Whizzing around Shanghai in vintage sidecars - so glam!
- *A Peking duck dinner to end all dinners. You’ll be blown away.
- *The chance to feed Pandas by hand!
- *Special access to the archaeologists still uncovering new Terracotta Warriors.
THE BESPOKE DIFFERENCE
- *This Bespoke Journey is 100% customizable. Take the parts you want, leave (or switch out) the parts you don't. Your trip, your rules!
- *Transparent pricing for ever component so you can play around with the details
- *The very hippest new restaurants mixed in with our long term favourites
- *Never just general sightseeing with one guide, but totally unique Signature Experiences created by our on-the-ground teams included in every trip
- *Total budget flexibility - pimp your trip with a Tesla or reduce the cost by using Didi with the help of your Tour Guide
- *Hotels (unless not needed)
- *Visa Invitation letter
- *All internal transfers by car, train or plane
- *All tour guides
- *All Signature Experiences
- *Tailored restaurant recommendations
- *Entrance tickets