There’s a very good reason that Yangshuo has been on the China travel bucket list for decades: the scenery here is off-the-charts stunning in a way that has to be seen (and explored) to be believed. Mix in some excellent hotel options and you’ve got yourself a truly paradisiacal escape. Forget crowded cruises, our guides here excel in off-piste adventures that will see you biking and hiking through the area’s stunning farmland and forgotten villages, with breaks where you’ll have the chance to take a dip in the river to cool off. We’ll also arrange a gentle bamboo raft ride and an exhilarating zip through the karst scenery on go-karts. You know, just to mix things up a bit!
Once you arrive at Guilin airport or train station you’ll be met by Bespoke’s experienced local guide and whisked directly out to the stunning Longji rice terraces.
Arriving by early afternoon? Your guide will take you on a trek through the local villages to start your exploration of the area.
You’ll bed down overnight at cosy and luxurious Li’an Lodge, famous for its incredible elevated views over the rice terraces.
Enjoy a welcome drink on the terrace courtesy of Bespoke. This evening, if you wish, you can watch documentaries about the area.
Spend the early morning exploring the terraces further with your local guide (or just relax at the hotel If you prefer).
Then, late morning, it’s time to start heading towards Yangshuo. En route you’ll stop off to enjoy Bespoke’s Karting Through the Karsts Signature Experience, where you’ll get the chance to spend an hour zipping through the karst landscape and surrounding forests in go-karts. Messy and fun!
Continue on towards Yangshuo, the heart of the area’s best scenery, and check in to your hotel. Again, Bespoke treats you to a welcome drink on arrival.
Optional – make an evening of it by watching the (touristy but still utterly beautiful) Liu San Jie – Zhang Yimou’s nighttime riverside spectacular.
- Watching the sun go down over Moon Hill with a cold glass of wine in your hand (after you've conquered the mountain of course)
- The scenery. Surely Yangshuo has the most Paradise-like landscape on earth?
- Floating gently down the Yulong river on a bamboo raft - so romantic!
- The local Beer Fish dish. Try the Yangshuo Mountain Retreat's version - delicious!
THE BESPOKE DIFFERENCE
- Efficient, reliable and down-to-earth service at all stages of your trip
- Only the loveliest guides and hotels hand picked for all of our tours
- 10 years of experience touring clients around China
- Conde Nast Traveler China Specialists 2020
- All hotels (inclusive of breakfast)
- Tour guides, expert guides and entrance tickets
- All vehicle transfers
- All Signature Experiences and activities