Forget your vacation playlist, the soundtrack to this trip is a noodle-slurping, crispy-skin-crunching, pork dumpling-squidging cacophony of “Mmmms”, “Yums!” and “ohmagerdthatsdelicious-es.” We’ve thrown everything we have at this: The Food Tour To End All Food Tours. After all, what’s the point of doing something if you’re not going to do it properly? Aside from booking you into the very best restaurants each city has to offer (and that doesn’t mean the most expensive), you’ll make Shanghai’s famous soup dumplings with a local chef, sample street snacks in a hidden corner of Beijing, visit the Sichuan Institute of Culinary Arts in Chengdu, visit local beekeepers and tofu makers and spend time in Hangzhou’s lush tea fields, picking the leaves yourselves.
Day 1Arrive into Beijing Capital Airport
Day 2Street Snacks Tour Signature Experience + Forbidden City + Jingshan Park + Peking Duck dinner
Day 3Classic Chinese Dishes Cooking Class and Market Tour + Traditional Chinese Tea Ceremony + Visit to the Lama Temple + Dinner in the grounds of a 600-year-old Buddhist temple
Day 4Great Wall at Mutianyu + Local farmhouse lunch + Visit to a local Beekeeper and Tofu Maker
Day 5Bullet train to Xi’an + Muslim Quarter in Tuk Tuks Food Tour
CNY 34,400/person (approx USD 5,000, excluding meals not included as part of a Signature Experience, based on 4 pax; 100% customizable to your budget)
11 Day Tour
Not included:International Flights, Meals
When to go:Anytime!
- Realizing that real Peking Duck is nothing like you thought it was. It's much, much better.
- The totally unique opportunity to visit a beekeeper and tofu maker in a village at the foot of the Great Wall
- Dinner at one of the most celebrated restaurants in Chengdu - the unofficial culinary capital of China
- The chance to become an expert on one of China's most famous exports: tea, in Hangzhou
- Learning to cook from some of the top professional chefs in China
THE BESPOKE DIFFERENCE
- This Bespoke Journey is 100% customizable. Take the parts you want, leave (or switch out) the parts you don't. Your trip, your rules!
- Transparent pricing for ever component so you can play around with the details
- The very hippest new restaurants mixed in with our long term favourites
- Never just general sightseeing with one guide, but totally unique Signature Experiences created by our on-the-ground teams included in every trip
- Total budget flexibility - pimp your trip with a Tesla or reduce the cost by using Didi with the help of your Tour Guide
- Hotels (unless not needed)
- Visa invitation letter
- All internal transfers by car, train or plane
- All tour guides
- All Signature Experiences
- Tailored restaurant recommendations
- Entrance tickets